Through its evolution since 2003, GCL Builds has earned the reputation of being one of the premier Construction Managers in the GTA. This has been achieved through the well defined practice of procedures and processes relating to all facets required for the successful execution of construction contracts.
Examples of these procedures and processes:
- Implement and maintain an effective system of Project cost control.
- Revise and refine the approved Project Construction Budget, incorporate approved changes as they occur.
- Publish cash flow reports and forecasts at regular intervals.
- Identify variances between actual and budgeted costs and advise the Team on remedial action options.
- Continuous Value Engineering to contain Project costs within the Budget.
- Integration and supervision of Health and Safety requirements.
- Project Control: Monitor the Work of the Trade Contractors and coordinate the work with the activities and responsibilities of the Owner, Consultants and other influencers.
- Maintain a competent full-time staff on the site to coordinate and provide management of the Project and construction progress of the Trade Contractors.
- Establish on-site organization and lines of authority in order to carry out the overall plans of the Construction Management Team.
- Establish procedures for coordination between the Owner, Consultants and Trade Contractors.
- Schedule and conduct progress meetings on a recurring and regular basis.
- Provide regular monitoring of the schedule as construction progresses. Identify variances between the as-planned schedule and probable completion dates. Review the schedule for work not started, or incomplete, and provide mitigation solutions to meet the original completion dates.
- Review the adequacy of the Trade Contractors’ personnel and equipment and the availability of materials and supplies on an ongoing basis.
- Provide construction facilities and services common to the requirements of all Trade Contractors, both temporary and permanent.
- Advise and assist in the selection of professional services: surveyor, testing laboratories, geotechnical and other specialists.
- Review and approve the safety programs of each of the Trade Contractors.
- Distribute Substantial Performance and Total Performance Certificates.